Monday, April 6, 2009

A lucky day for Jen




It's been a great day so I thought I'd share some not-exclusively baby-related news!



First of all, today was preceeded by a great weekend, hitting the beach on Coronado island, attending our second birth-prep class, finding and committing to an apartment for my parents (and any other visitors who want to stay with them while they're in San Diego), and being spoiled with yet another baby shower last night!

However, the baby shower was quite a party and after getting home close to 11 pm last night, another one of my increasingly restless nights convinced me to "not work" from home today. I say not work because I only have 20 hours remaining on my current work contract and yet still have a lot of work left in my "plan-a-three-day-human-rights-arts-festival-and-raise-$22,000-to-fund-it" project for the institute. It has been a stressful balancing act and I was not looking forward to tying up 6 weeks worth of work this week to leave for an undesignated person to try to take over. As I was anxiously pondering my tight timeline, I received an e-mail from my boss saying she has secured funding for me to work part-time from August up until the festival in September! That was fabulous news. Though it didn't quite remove the pressure of how to leave things between now and August... Three hours later I get another e-mail, this time saying my boss has found more funding to pay me for a week or two before July 1 to "tide things over"! :-)!




Just when I thought it was really my lucky day, I was outside getting my laundry when my neighbor came out to see if we happened to need one of our few remaining 'wish list' items - a brand new changing pad!

Hmm... maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight!


I hope you all are having similarly good days.


Jen, Brent and the very heavy watermelon

p.s. thanks to everyone who's casting their chips in Baby Freeman's Date-of-Arrival pool, we love seeing your guesses (though there are some late ones that I hope will not win! ;-).

1 comment:

  1. That's great news, Jen! IPJ knows how fortunate they are to have you.

    ReplyDelete