Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thea Elaina


Yes, she's finally here!


We just got home from the hospital and are awaiting the arrival of her second set of grandparents, so for now, just the basics:


For the big decision, we finally decided to name her Thea (pronounced "ThAY-a") Elaina (like Elena) Smerdon Freeman. The names have family significance - after Jen's Grandma Dorthy and Brent's Grandma Elaine; as well as for their meanings and how they sound.


As for meaning, the baby name book we had said:


Thea - Greek, "goddess, godly" diminutive of Althea and Dorothea. Pronounced THEE-a, THAY-a, or TAY-a, this name of the Greek goddess of light and the mother of the sun, moon and dawn presents an appealing artistic image, sensitive and serene.



Elaina - French variation of Helen, from Greek, "bright shining one." A name that has connoted beauty since ancient times.


And the other standard details:


She was born at 8:24 pm on May 5th weighing 6 lbs 13 oz. and was 19.6 inches long. I'll let you know more details about her birth soon. It didn't go quite as planned, but in the end we were very happy with how she made her entrance, healthy happy and beautiful, into the outside world.


More photos coming soon too!


Lots of love to you all from Brent, Jen and Thea

6 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!!!! Jen, I have been checking this site like a mad woman the last few days- I knew she was here but didn't know any details-- and Tegan knew but she wouldn't say a peep!!! In any case, I'm SO glad she's arrived and is so perfect and healthy!

    Alfa Mabrouk (in arabic, 'A thousand congratulations') to you and Brent on the arrival of the adorable Thea! I love the name, and I cannont wait to meet her in person!

    Love and hugs to all 3 of you!

    xoxo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYAAAAAAYYY!! so great to see that little face finally!! congrats to you and brent! i SO wanted to spill all the news from your text message, but wasn't sure if i should be the one telling everybody!

    Beautiful name. Way to stick with the "T"s!!
    ANNNNNDDDD... what's my reward for winning the baby pool?! I GOT THE RIGHT DATE, woo hoo!

    Lots and lots and lots of love to the 3 of you... so exciting!

    t. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I've been thinking about you tow so much over the past few days. I'm so glad that everything went well... she looks beautiful! Can I call this weekend? I know you have lots of grandparents and will want to sleep but.... I want all the details! I'm so happy and excited for you both. Can't wait to meet Thea!

    XX Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. Your cute picture makes me want to have a baby too!!! :) Love to you Brent, and Thea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Thea for a successful entrance to the world and Jen and Brent for being Mom and Dad!

    Love,
    Alaska Freemans

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thrill to meet our new granddaughter!
    Good work Brent and Jen. You're wonderful parents, and your daughter is beautiful.
    Love,
    Grandma Diane and Grandpa Elliott

    ReplyDelete